Saturday, January 16, 2010

We have one more day of meetings today before the students arrive tomorrow. Along with a lot of other faculty and families, we got off the ship last night and went into Ensenda for dinner. It was fun to be on land again! We'll go back to Ensenda on Sunday when we have a bit more time.

Internet communication is more difficult than expected. It turns out that only 50 people can be online on the ship at any one time. Now that we are only faculty and staff, this hasn't been too much of a problem, but when the 650 students arrive tomorrow, I'm uncertain how often we'll be able to get online. We're hoping that Charis can get access during the mornings and days to do her coursework.

Also, my idea to upload photos and video to this blog is out. There is very limited bandwidth so photos of the size my camera takes and short videos from my Flip will not work. If I have time to resize photos, I will give that a try....otherwise, this will unfortunately be a "words-only" blog.

The weather continues to be great. We eat our meals outdoors on the deck in shirtsleeves and only brought a light sweater into Ensenda last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment